House hacking in San Bernardino county CA

House hacking in San Bernardino county CA

New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes

Anyone investing in San Bernardino county CA Apple valley area. Looking for tips. Aspiring to buy my first house hack. 

0Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
6y

I am also starting in real estate as a wholesaler and flip. if recession comes to buy and hold property too.

I live in Victorville California.

I will like to network with people that are doing real estate too to take advantage of the services that they provide for example realtor, loan officers, real estate lawyers etc and to learn and help each other too.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Apple Valley, CA · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Leo Padilla

    Hey Leo,

    Yes! I am currently house hacking in Apple valley and plan on continuing house hacking in the high desert.

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Hello Leo, 

    I'm a realtor and investor in Apple Valley. I currently live in Apple Valley, so if you need any help or want to go over strategy and even partner up on a deal. I am here to help out. 

  • victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    1

  • victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I am also starting in real estate as a wholesaler and flip. if recession comes to buy and hold property too.

    I live in Victorville California.

    I will like to network with people that are doing real estate too to take advantage of the services that they provide for example realtor, loan officers, real estate lawyers etc and to learn and help each other too.

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    i currently live in NY due to the military however i will be back for good mid december. ive spent my time up here analyzing properties up in the apple valley, hesperia and victorville area due to lower prices. None of the numbers seem to work out due to the pmi payment. and i understand the first deal isnt going to be the best. so i have 2 questions, should wait till i get back to possibly find deals off market and/or should i invest in a property even tho it is breaking even?

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y
  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    So are you looking to relocate @Leo Padilla ? 

    Also what part of New York? 

    Also you mention PMI, you only have that if you are using a conventional loan like FHA and Conventional, is that what you're doing?

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Trevor Aydelott yeah that where im originally from, well not exactly. im from fontana, which is like 25 mins down the cajon pass.. but my brother is from victorville and the houses are somewhat affordable up there so yeah. and im in a town called watertown. its up state ny. yeah a regular fha loan. unless they have a conventional owner occupied loan that allows me not to pay mip.

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Well if I was you I would do conventional at like 3.5% down, because PMI will fall off after 20% equity. But FHA loans always have PMI, unless you refinance out of the loan into a Conventional loan or sell your home.

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    I can get a conventional with only 3.5 down? I heard of that but when I did my research I couldn’t find if it was true. Hey just shoot me a txt. That way when I’m down there we can possibly link up. It’s 9092512145

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y
  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 291 posts · 231 votes
    6y

    @Leo Padilla

    Check out VA home loans

    If you qualify it doesn't have PMI and you can get it for as low as 3.5% down.

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Well @Zachary Beach technically with a V.A. loan you can get into a home with 0% down. I would know as I have had three V.A. loans personally myself. 

    Not to mentioning me helping other #veterans like myself getting into homes. 

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Zachary Beach @Trevor Aydelott I already got preapproved for a va loan however it’s not enough to purchase a property in Cali.  

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Well @Leo Padilla in January they are removing the V.A. loan limits. 

    Also are you here local in the high desert now? 

    We can meet up for coffee with @Fabian J Valdes and another person that isn't on this thread but another one I am talking in with Fabian. 

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    What do you mean they’re removing the limits? Cuz I know right now the va will loan up to 484k but I only got approved for 180k and you know that won’t get much up there  

    And not right now. I won’t be down there till the 8th. But when I do get down there I am so up for it. Just shoot me a txt. You got my number right? @Trevor Aydelott

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    By loan limits, I mean by 484K. It means if you can afford a 780K loan, as long as you qualify you can get it. 

    You can potentially find something for 180K, it will be hard. But as I say, if there is a will there is a way. 

    And maybe you need to change lenders, I'm huge on finding the right deal. 

    And hey the 8th is right around the corner. 

    And yes I got your number. 

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Oh okay makes sense. 
    And yeah the only way I see it is, off market. Which won’t happen till I get there and browse. But yeah txt me so I can hit you up when I get down there. If you don’t mind. @Trevor Aydelott

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Well I can always possibly do a flip on a home and get you in. That is a possibility as well. 

    And will do. 

  • San Diego · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Check out Bank of America promo, you maybe eligible for it.
    https://promo.bankofamerica.co...

  • Rental Property Investor · Apple Valley, CA · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Leo Padilla

    If you don't need to be in a place right away when you get here you could spend time to find deals while local or from far away It just depends on what you want. If you're going to house hack something small I don't see why you can't find something within the price range you qualify for and do a live in flip. Utilize your VA to get in for little money and use your saved cash for rehab maybe? There's many different ways to attack it from.

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Hey @Leo Padilla I met with @Fabian J Valdes tonight and Erick, 

    Let me know when you get out here and we can meet. 

    I'm trying to get @Jovan Caballero to meet next time as well. 

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Sounds good bud I’ll let you know! @Trevor Aydelott

  • New to Real Estate · San Bernardino County, CA · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Any of you guys familiar with the Adelanto Ca market? @Trevor Aydelott @Jovan Caballero @Fabian J Valdes @Zachary Beach

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    Yes @Leo Padilla 

    I have sold homes there, and have done a flip out there. I know all the markets in the High Desert 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.