First investment property in a College Town?

First investment property in a College Town?

Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I'm planning on going to college for free via ROTC at Indiana University and am seeking advice on my first property. I plan on house hacking and fixing the house up while I live in the house for 3 years with my best friends and possibly obtaining another before graduation using the BRRRR method for the refinancing. I'm not worried about the care of the house while I reside in it because my friends would respect the property. Would the BRRRR strategy be smart for a college house given that situation?

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cambridge, UK · Member since 2020 · 123 posts · 64 votes
    6y

    @Nicholas OPatterson What is your plan for the house when you graduate? Will you sell it or continue to rent it out to students? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.