• Rental Property Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
Finding an experienced investor to learn from

Logan Reuter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Posted Jun 29 2020, 14:51

Hey, everyone! My name is Logan Reuter. I am a 21 year old who is finishing up my bachelors degree (online) and have just completed my first BRRRR. I work full time as a construction sales rep in St. Louis, Mo. Although my job has given me very good income, especially for my age, the goal is to burn the bridges and become a full time real estate investor. I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to investing, can talk the talk, and have definitely done my homework. I am wanting to work for a real estate investor / company in the St. Louis, Missouri area. I am not necessarily looking for a high income as I believe the knowledge and experience I gain will be much more valuable than the short term gratification of a higher income. Am just wanting to provide value in any way that I can in exchange for the opportunity to learn the business and grow my network.

Any pointers for myself and others like myself who want to get their foot in the door working for an investor?

I appreciate the feedback in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Alex Olson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Replied Jun 30 2020, 06:16
Originally posted by @Logan Reuter:

Hey, everyone! My name is Logan Reuter. I am a 21 year old who is finishing up my bachelors degree (online) and have just completed my first BRRRR. I work full time as a construction sales rep in St. Louis, Mo. Although my job has given me very good income, especially for my age, the goal is to burn the bridges and become a full time real estate investor. I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to investing, can talk the talk, and have definitely done my homework. I am wanting to work for a real estate investor / company in the St. Louis, Missouri area. I am not necessarily looking for a high income as I believe the knowledge and experience I gain will be much more valuable than the short term gratification of a higher income. Am just wanting to provide value in any way that I can in exchange for the opportunity to learn the business and grow my network.

Any pointers for myself and others like myself who want to get their foot in the door working for an investor?

I appreciate the feedback in advance!

I may suggest getting your real estate license, going to investor meet ups and offer to do just about anything for free knowledge. REI is a great community that will help you meet people. Ask people how you can add value to what they are doing and tell them what you are willing to do.

Xchange CRE - 1031 Exchange RE Brokerage Logo

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Dadlani
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Replied Jun 30 2020, 06:56

@Alex Olson has given some great advice 

offer to get in the game ...either thru hard work or some capital (skin in the game ).    

Best of luck in all your endeavors.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes