Cheapest and fastest place to get my RE license online?

30 Replies

Hey everyone,

I've decided to get my RE license. My reasoning is, if I come across any issues in the future concerning the structure of my business and my business plans, I can always become unlicensed.

Now I need to find a reputable online school to get my license. I'm looking for the quickest place and the cheapest. Any suggestions? I'm in CA in case that matters.

I'm also looking to get my license in the very near future. Does realestateexpress.com layout all the steps to get rolling after you get your license? How long was the overall process?

Originally posted by Jordan Sizelove:
Gordon T. - Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Can you explain the process to me and let me know how long it took you? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again!

I believe that in California, it's about 140 hours of coursework that can't be completed in less than 8 weeks (based on what I've been told and what I've been able to find online). So, expect about 3.5 hours per day of study for 8 weeks at a minimum. Then about a month to take the exam and a couple weeks to get your license.

So, minimum time is probably about 3-4 months in California...

I am not sure if I can tell u the cheapest way.. but the fastest way is to take california re principle and practice, and one elective though allied you can complete this all online. Take all three classes at the same time and take the exam after 14 days open book.

Take the retrainerca at santa ana 2 day cram course right before the exam. U are guaranteed to pass. The ca broker exam is much tougher and took me two tries to pass.

My broker license is much more valuable to me than my mba degree from a top ten b school.

@Jordan Sizelove , I'm pretty sure I used RealestateExpress to get licensed in CA several years ago and I had a good experience with them. More recently, I used OnlineEd for Oregon and I found their online format/software and materials were really good. I'm not sure about the price difference though. Good luck!

Thank you for all the replies! I've decided to go with RealEstateExpress. They seem credible and have a lot of history to back them up.

J Scott - Thank you for the valuable info. I'll take my time and make sure I follow all requirements. And the journey begins.

Originally posted by @Jordan Sizelove :

Thank you for all the replies! I've decided to go with RealEstateExpress. They seem credible and have a lot of history to back them up.

J Scott - Thank you for the valuable info. I'll take my time and make sure I follow all requirements. And the journey begins.

Any feedback on the course?

Originally posted by @Jordan Sizelove :

@Jordan Sizelove. Did you end up going through real estate express and if so what was your experience? 

Thanks for this post, @Jordan Sizelove! I'm wondering the same thing. 

@James Park, thanks for the great information. I had no idea you could get a RE license so quickly! I will definitely start looking into it asap.

I've been using Real Estate Express for the last 45 days, and I am almost done. It's a really good program and it's paced pretty well. The material does seem a bit dated (it mentions FAXing purchase contracts to escrow and to invest in a PDA haha) 

Overall I am satisfied. 

@James Park thanks for the tip on taking the 2 day crash course at RETrainers. I'm pretty sure I'll pass the salesperson test but I'll definitely take the crash course next year when I'm ready for the broker's license. (I have a degree in RE so that exempts from me from the 2 year full time experience requirement for a broker's license)

I used Real Estate Express to get my license about 4 years ago. I had the best experience, especially compared to a lot of my colleges who chose other schools. I would definitely suggest buying the test prep master course as well. I finished the course in 4 weeks and passed the state exam with flying colors. I enjoyed the experience so much I wrote a blog about it lol. http://tracyellison.ga.exprealty.com/blog/How+To+Get+A+Real+Estate+License+In+GA