Mortgage Madness: Tips for New Investors

Mortgage Madness: Tips for New Investors

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 17 votes

Hi BP Community:

Looking for some advice about a mortgage pre qual for my first home on my own. I have previously owned real estate while married however I am in a new chapter and charting my own course. 

Seems like lenders are reluctant to send you their rate sheets...am I missing other better questions to ask by asking for that? How can I be sure I am comparing apples to apples regarding loans. I am also a nurse and I understand there are special programs for healthcare workers however they sound like smoke and mirror tactics. Should I find myself a good mortgage broker and let them do the work or can I do my own research and fare better cutting out the middle man? 

I would like to do a 15 year mortgage for my first buy and hold which I will occupy. 

Any thoughts? 

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.