I'm a beginner Investor Seeking Advice!! Please help!

4 Replies

Hey BP investors,

I am a senior in High School and am wanting to get my real estate career started as soon as I can. I have around $1,500 to invest right now. 

Why is Biggerpockets helpful to beginner investors?

How do I start with a low budget? (Approx $1500)

How do I begin networking?

How do I find cheap houses for sale?

I appreciate your help and counsel answering any or all of these questions. Thanks again!

-Aaron (BP Rookie)

Hey @Aaron Shenk

Congrats to you for your ambition! If you are looking to connect with someone for some guidance or advice, feel free to reach out. I also recommend you read this article I wrote for Bigger Pockets titled How to Invest in Real Estate Before Turning 21. Once you've read it, let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions. I am a high school teacher in Colorado and I am always looking to help young people get started in real estate investing or help in any way I can. Let me know if you want to chat sometime. https://www.biggerpockets.com/

Welcome to the forums Aaron.

Biggerpockets is a great place to be and it has helped me immensely in my investing journey. I would start by just applying consistent action in your education. Dive into the forums, blogs, podcasts and book and over time you will develop a better understanding of the REI world.

Feel free to send me a message and I would be glad to answer your other questions.

Best of luck

-BA  

Welcome to BP @Aaron Shenk ! It's really great that you have found a passion for this so early.  

The biggest resource that BP offers to beginner investors is education. Between the blog posts, the podcasts, the webinars, the forums themselves, there is SO much information out there (overwhelmingly so at first). Try to take in as much as you can, and just follow every thread you can. It will take some time, but you want REI to become second nature, noticing terms/abbreviations, and understanding what people are even talking about out there.

In terms of networking, you've kind of already started.  Engaging on the forums is a fantastic way to network - start conversations, and follow up on them with others.  Another great way is to attend local meetups of investors: whether it's in a coffee shop or over Zoom, chat with others in your area and learn from them and what they are doing. They may have some great tips/insights about markets you are interested in.

I'd be happy to connect and chat more if you need.  Hope that helps! Cheers