SITUATION

1 Reply

I OWN AND LIVE IN A PROPERTY IN SPRING BRANCH TEXAS (JUST NORTH OF SAN ANTONIO).THE HOUSE APPRAISED FOR $245,000.I OWE $109,000.I PLAN TO BUY A HOUSE IN SOUTHERN MISSOURI FOR $180,000.DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEAS FOR THE BEST PLAN TO FINANCE?I ALSO HAVE A PP PENALTY THAT EXPIRES 11/21/05 AND WOULD PAY TAXES ON PROFITS IF I SOLD BEFORE THAT,THE 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY.BRIDGE LOAN,SECOND MORTGAGE...?

THANK YOU ,BRIAN

Well let's look at a couple of things:

It "appraised" at $245K, is that from the appraisal district, or did you pay for an appraisal?

It appraised at 245, and you owe $109K, but how much is your actual gain if you sell? Unless you got one heck of a deal when you bought I doubt that houses in Spring Branch have appreciated that much in less than two years!

What is the purpose of the house in MO? Second home? Rental? Are you moving to MO and want to keep the TX property? If so how much rent would it throw off?

Once we know some of these answers maybe we can give you some sound advice.

Oh yeah, turn off your CAPS LOCK, you're shouting!

Frank, right up Hwy 281 from you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.