Votes
Lydia Bar
Pro Member
Votes |
Turnkey vs Syndication

Lydia Bar
Pro Member
Posted Oct 13 2021, 11:27

Hi everyone.  I am new to real estate investing and I have been reading books and following the bigger pockets posts.   I am looking to do my 1st real estate investment.  Currently live in New Jersey so  I will be doing OOS.  I have been looking into turnkey companies and specifically looking at Columbus/Cleveland  However I also  learned recently about real estate syndications, and I am trying to decide between turnkey versus syndication.  I understand that with  Turnkey it is not completely hands off,  while with syndications it is hands off and  majority of the work is up front with vetting the sponsor and etc. 

Does it make sense to start with syndications? or would you first prefer to own your properties and then maybe do syndication as a way of diversifications? Can you actually build wealth and equity the same way with syndications that you would with owning your properties?  do syndications offer tax benefit  like the benefits of owning your property? 

My 2nd question is in regard to Columbus/Cleveland itself.  from my research it is a good investment there for cash flow.  what about appreciation? does BP Community feel that properties there will appreciate more in the future?

Also would be happy to hear recommendations about specific Turnkey companies  in  Columbus

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...