Whitney Breedlove
  • Clear Lake, TX
Votes |
New Real Estate Agent

Whitney Breedlove
  • Clear Lake, TX
Posted Jan 2 2023, 14:48

Hey guys,

I’m considering quitting my job in the next year to become a full time real estate agent. I’m currently the bread winner for my family and I’m wondering how hard it is to support a family working as a real estate agent full time. I know this largely depends on the person but I’m pretty terrified to take the leap. By the time I quit I’ll have enough money saved to support my family for a year with no income. My husband is a teacher and we have 2 kids. I have a pretty big network and live in a highly sought after area of Houston (Clear Lake) where the houses are on the slightly more expensive side although we have a little bit of everything. 

Right now I’m an in-house transactional attorney for a big company. It’s a great job but I just have 0 passion or interest for my job and real estate is something I’ve always loved and I invest on the side. I also hope that being a real estate agent would give me more of a flexible schedule to spend time with my babies. Im not looking to make 6 figures my first year or anything but hoping I can work toward that after a few years. 

Loading replies...