• Redlands, CA
Votes |
Part-time Real Estate Agent

Trevor Lohman
  • Investor
  • Redlands, CA
Posted Feb 25 2014, 19:32

Hey Everyone!

I have a question that I'm sure every veteran real estate agent gets tired of answering but here goes.

I am very passionate about learning all I can about real estate investing, and in that process my wife has become interested in Real Estate as well. She currently works a full time job but has been researching what it takes to become a real estate agent.

Now I know being an agent is a profession, and not something you just pick up one day and start doing. I don't think she has any illusions about the time required, she knows she needs to find a broker to work with and market like crazy.

Honestly, I think she has what it takes, she is a born seller, I am a bit worried about how much she will enjoy the nuts and bolts of contracts, financing terms, etc, but I think she'll be good at that too.

What do you think about online real estate agent courses like californialicense.com? I can already anticipate the cons of an online course but, its low cost and convenient, now with that comes downsides I'm sure... but is it a legitimate way to become an agent?

Also, is it realistic to think it may be possible to start part time as a beginner?

Currently she's thinking about setting up a few short face to face meetings with small local brokers, and telling them that she would like to be a part of growing their business, and will be taking her exam soon, and thinks she could add some value etc.and see if their are any possibilities there. We may be reaching a bit here, but it didnt seem like a bad idea to me.

Any advice? Thank you so much for the feedback you guys. We're excited!

Loading replies...