Votes |
Intertwining Investing and being a sales associate

Fausto Carosella
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Mar 19 2015, 08:21

Hey everyone,

I'm just kind of looking for some general advice/tips as to how to go about meshing being an agent and an investor. I'm sure a bunch of you have done the same thing, getting your license to make your investing lives easier. I wanted to be able to browse the MLS at 2 am, go see houses without having to go with anyone else and keeping some of that commission sounds great! I signed on with a great broker who helped me move to my current home through my girlfriends job relocation. There's only a flat fee when I close a deal and the technology they have as tools at our disposal is way better than any others around. So my question is how did/ do some of you integrate your investing with your being an agent? On an introduction do you say "Hi, I'm a real estate agent and also happen to be an investor" or vice versa.... Assuming you have a personal website for your investing and one for your brokerage how do you handle both... do you have a link on your personal site to your brokerage site etc? What about mailings-- as an investor? agent? how do you present yourself in general? It seems to be a bit challenging because I moved across the state only a year ago, so my network here isn't really that large yet as opposed to where I lived for years building up friendships etc. This will be my primary source of income so any advice on how to really hit the ground running would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Loading replies...