Votes
Curtis Hiner
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
Should I...?

Curtis Hiner
  • Lincoln, NE
Posted May 19 2015, 07:31

So as i discussed briefly in my profile i am a newbie. I do have quite a bit of knowledge on real estate because Im so passionate about it that i consume myself with books and podcasts. Starting off in real estate I am primarily focusing on wholesaling in my local area (Lincoln Nebraska and potentially into Omaha as well) to start building my capitol at which point I plan to scale this up in a big way. Throughout the podcast I've listened to it seemed like the consensus was to not get my real estate license because it would just make things more difficult to do what I am planning to do, however after listening to the biggerpockets podcasts Im no longer so sure. So my question is as a real estate investor in NE will it benefit me to get my realtor license or will it only make things more difficult? And if I should get my license, then should I get a salesperson license where I would need to be under a brokers supervision or should I get a broker license? I can wait to get everyones feedback on this. Thank you biggerpockets for this amazing community to be able to reach out for help. This is exactly what I needed to find right now.

Loading replies...