Newly Licensed Agent

13 Replies

Hey Gang,

I just passed the real estate Liscense test for Louisiana and started at Keller Williams this week. I'm a newbie investor trying to start a new career in real estate.

I started reading about real estate investing and decided that is what I want to do and by becoming a real estate agent I'd get a lot of information about different types of property and get a feel for the marketmany make a better informed decision as to what properties I will invest in. I start training next week. Keller Williams seems to have the best training program in our market.

Congratulations @Mitch Barry !  I got my license 3-1/2 years ago and we are with the same broker.  Glad you are on board at KW and here on BP too!

You are welcome to join our real estate investing focused meetup group found at meetup.com/bpacadiana to meet local investors and learn a little at the same time.  You may even find a deal when wholesales are presented during the meeting!  See you soon.

@Mitch Barry

The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24/real-estate-agents-working-with-investors/

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I bought the two J Scott books on flipping and estimating rehab costs. Working my way through them. Also met a rehab contractor who flips houses and is getting his real estate license at the KW training class today. Starting to get some great networking. 

Mitch

hi mitch, welcome! congrats on your licensing and new job! newbie here too. just wished to introduce myself. formerly from washington, dc, i'm just getting started in the staging arena in california and i'm looking to make some connections as well. thanks and sincerely, sydney