Newly Licensed Agent

Newly Licensed Agent

Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 11 votes
Hey Gang, I just passed the real estate Liscense test for Louisiana and started at Keller Williams this week. I'm a newbie investor trying to start a new career in real estate.
3Reply
17 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Destrehan, LA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hello Barry, welcome to the community and congratulations on your  accomplishment!  Give a shout if I can be of any help

  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, @Mitch Barry.  There is a great guide available on BP on how to work with Real Estate investors as an agent.   Are you interested in investing as well?  

  • Paducah, KY · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Mitch Barry I am going to be working with Keller Williams also! In Kentucky. I am studying to take my license exam now. Are you going thru training?

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Great job! KW is a great company to work for.  It has lots of valuable continuing education that teaches more than just real estate or how to sell.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets community @Mitch Barry!

  • Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    I started reading about real estate investing and decided that is what I want to do and by becoming a real estate agent I'd get a lot of information about different types of property and get a feel for the marketmany make a better informed decision as to what properties I will invest in. I start training next week. Keller Williams seems to have the best training program in our market.

  • Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    I did read the working with investors guide and am looking forward to working with and partnering with investors.

  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    10y

    Congratulations @Mitch Barry!  I got my license 3-1/2 years ago and we are with the same broker.  Glad you are on board at KW and here on BP too!

    You are welcome to join our real estate investing focused meetup group found at meetup.com/bpacadiana to meet local investors and learn a little at the same time.  You may even find a deal when wholesales are presented during the meeting!  See you soon.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Mitch Barry

    The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24/real-estate-agents-working-with-investors/

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Paul

  • Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Thanks Paul,

    I bought the two J Scott books on flipping and estimating rehab costs. Working my way through them. Also met a rehab contractor who flips houses and is getting his real estate license at the KW training class today. Starting to get some great networking. 

    Mitch

  • Home Stager · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2016 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    10y

    hi mitch, welcome! congrats on your licensing and new job! newbie here too. just wished to introduce myself. formerly from washington, dc, i'm just getting started in the staging arena in california and i'm looking to make some connections as well. thanks and sincerely, sydney

  • Attorney · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 33 votes
    10y
    How receptive is KW to taking on part-time agents/investors?
  • San Juan Bautista, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Congratulations! I want to get my license as well for the same reason. Also, I hear KW is the best for training. Good luck with the new career!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.