Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Russell Holmes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Apopka, FL
Votes |
Real Estate Agents, are you a Realtor? Either way, why?

Russell Holmes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Apopka, FL
Posted Feb 9 2018, 15:33
I've passed my state license exam and am just waiting on the FL DBPR to process my license to make it available to hang my license (Likely by Monday). I've already decided to join eXp for quite a few reasons specific to my situation, but this question doesn't regard brokerage choice. I plan to join the local, state, and national association of Realtors as soon as I've hung my license. I feel the approx $1000/annual cost is well worth it for the representation at a state legislation level, advertising, and use/credibility of the word "Realtor". My liability insurance on my service business costs me more and is basically useless beyond peace of mind since I've never made a claim, I'm sure I'd get more benefit from NAR even if not significant. However, I've noticed quite a few real estate agents that are active on BP, have quite a lot of experience, and don't seem to be hurting for $1000 annually still don't use the term Realtor, which I assume to mean they aren't members of NAR. Are there any negatives, other than cost, to joining NAR and local associations? I figured it was an obvious step, but seeing agents without the designation makes me wonder if I should look into it further before blindly joining. Thoughts?
  • Real Estate Agent Florida (#SL3406148)

Backbone Brokerage & Management Logo

Loading replies...