Any options to hold CA RE agent license & not pay dues/fees

2 Replies

Hi Folks

I got my CA real estate agent license a couple of years ago & currently hang my license with a local broker. Going forward, I don't intend on being an active agent buying & selling homes, so my question is, short of giving up my license, is there any option to not pay all the quarterly board dues & broker office fees, E&O, etc., but keep the license in some "reduced" status, so I can still possibly reap the benefits of the real estate professional status for real estate investing. Thanks for any & all input

@Mano Chidambaram

There is a reduced status called a referral agent. You hang your license and don't pay fees, but you can't conduct any transactions with the license. You'll only be able to get paid a referral fee if you referral bring business to the office.

Outside of the referral fees, you wouldn't be able to use the license in any capacity.

@Mano Chidambaram , this is one that I heard some people mention in CA. It doesn't look like they have any monthly or ongoing fees...just if you do a transaction.

http://reebroker.com/about.aspx  

But I'm guessing there would still be board dues, unless you do something like Christopher suggested. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here