Looking for RE agent in South Eastern Massachusetts

8 Replies

Hello all,

My name is Chris. I am looking to meet some agents with REI experience that operate south of Boston. I'm looking to house hack a duplex (or larger) with a purchase time frame of this fall (October-November 2018).

Thanks

@Christopher Fernandes

Welcome to BP! 

The podcasts are a great place to start- the books on this site are well worth the read as well 

Hi

@Steve Bracero  thanks! I’m trying to learn as much as I can.

@Charlie MacPherson I was looking at towns like Manfield, Bridgewater, Easton, Plymouth for example but if a good deal comes up in another area I'm willing consider it. I'm looking to use the VA loan preferably so the property would have to meet their requirements.

Thanks again.

@Christopher Fernandes Have you already been pre-approved for a VA loan? That would be the first step.

Your pre-approval letter will set your maximum spend - not that you should necessarily spend the max, but MFRs are pretty expensive and rare these days.

For example, right now in those four towns, there are 262 SFRs on the market and 9 MFRs.

The 2-4 plex MFRs range in price from $495K to $950K.

Charlie MacPherson, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9532146)
781-412-4151

Hi @Christopher Fernandes

I am working with an agent now and I will highly recommend him any day. He helped me buy my first multi, which I am house hacking now. He is helping me find another investment property at the moment. He is very honest and he is in the game for the long run. He will tell you straight up if a house is worth it or not. He is also a real estate investor. His area include Rhode Island and parts of SE Mass and he knows every street and if its a good area or not. I will PM you his information because I believe I cannot post it here. 

Thanks

T

Hey Chris, it's good to ask for referrals and interview agents to make sure you have similar goals and interests. I wish you well and BP is a great place to start.

Corey Melkonian, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9529492)
(617) 291-8232

Thanks to all who have reached out to me. I’ll be sure to contact any referrals given here.

Regards,

Chris

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.