• Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Is my agent on my side or not?

Mark Miles
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Oct 20 2019, 09:32

On this property that I'm buying, the sellers have caused a number of issues after we went to contract.

As an example, due to a few issues caused by the sellers, we were only able to partially complete the home inspection. Per the terms of the signed purchase contract, my buyer's deposit was due the day after the home inspection was COMPLETED. My agent was rather nonchalant about the fact that the home inspection was only partially completed (due to issues caused by the sellers), and told me to be sure I drop off my deposit the next day since the home inspection was performed. I was pretty annoyed by that (since, per terms of the contract, the home inspection is not yet COMPLETED).

I wanted an agent who would hold the sellers accountable and get them to make the entire home available for inspection before I provide the deposit. Am I being unreasonable here to expect that my buyer's agent would actually do what's best for me in this transaction, rather than being nonchalant about issues that the sellers cause, and trying to move me forward rather than holding the sellers' feet to the fire to properly perform per terms of the contract? I'm curious to hear how some experienced agents respond to this... Thanks in advance for your valuable input!

Loading replies...