• Toano, Va
Votes |
Understanding Broker Commission vs. Firm

Adanna Davis
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Toano, Va
Posted Oct 7 2020, 16:19

Can you break down a typical payout to a Broker (and Property Manager) if you own the Property Management Firm. Trying to understand the business side.

Background: I am a real estate investor (buy and hold). I do a great job managing my own properties and want to venture out to start my own Property Management Firm. However of course I would need to hire a broker because I am not a Real Estate Agent/a broker.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Oct 7 2020, 16:39

I think there are very few who do well and it is a very risky business.  Not to say there are not any successful ones.  I'd go to work for one...get your license and see it on the inside.  Do it for a year.  Learn it from the inside out and then decide if you still want to do it.  There are a lot of brokerages that have the opportunity and turn it down due to the risk factor.

User Stats

Votes
Adanna Davis
Pro Member
  • Toano, Va
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Toano, Va
Replied Oct 14 2020, 09:13

@Bruce Lynn I like my full time job...not trying to leave ...trying to start a firm with and will hire property managers.

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.