New agent here! Advice/help

9 Replies

Hello everyone I am a brand new real estate agent in the Boston area. I would like to see if there are potential buyer leads from an open house. When making my follow up calls. What are some leading questions or tips you have for finding out of somebody is working with an agent already? Thank you In advance ! 

Hey just out of curiosity are you obligated to work with any real estate agents?  I'd love to help you find your home.  I am ready and available to assist.

Might be a good place to start.

"Are you already working with an agent?"

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. Also remember that some people are liars. If you want to work with a Buyer, you should have a written agreement that ensures you're not wasting your time.

@Brianna Meyers - as a new agent, this is something your mentor and/or broker should be guiding you through- I would reach out them as to how to conduct an open house as there are many ways to use OHto be effective in getting both buyer & seller leads while marketing the property!  

"How have you been searching for homes thus far?  Has an agent been helping you?"  Or I'll just ask point blank.  It's not something to be avoided.  You don't want to waste your time.