Shane S.
  • Edmonds, WA
Votes |
Investing in Hard Money

Shane S.
  • Edmonds, WA
Posted Nov 5 2013, 15:48

Hello,

I'm looking for a reputable hard money lender to invest with, just not sure where to begin with so many out there. Any recommendations on a few reputable lenders that offer a high ROI to investors?

Thanks in advance

User Stats

Votes
Brian Ortins
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beverly, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beverly, MA
Replied Nov 5 2013, 17:32

You can message @Ann Bellamy for more information on Hard Money, as she is a great resource.

Port Unity LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ann Bellamy
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Replied Nov 6 2013, 04:40

Thanks, @Brian Ortins

If you send me a colleague request @Shane S. , I'll give you a name.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Nov 6 2013, 04:54

Welcome to BP, Shane. Do you know what you're looking for as to the types of lenders, types of collateral you're willing to accept?

Are you a "qualified investor"?

There is a ton of reading here about investing with brokers and the due diligence required.

I'd bet there are brokers in your area you could begin with, especially if you're new as having collateral near you can be a big plus. There are new regulations headed our way too, you'll need to know your broker is compliant. :)

User Stats

Votes
Shane S.
  • Edmonds, WA
Votes |
  • Edmonds, WA
Replied Nov 6 2013, 09:57
Originally posted by Ann Bellamy:
Thanks, @Brian Ortins

If you send me a colleague request @Shane S. , I'll give you a name.

Thank you @Brian Ortins, and @Ann Bellamy I will send you a request

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alabama
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alabama
Replied Nov 6 2013, 10:10

Ann, I would also be interested in hard money lending.

User Stats

Votes
Ann Bellamy
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Replied Nov 6 2013, 11:59

Ok, before this gets a life of its own, I am not soliciting for new investors. For one thing, I only take investors who are local to me, and who already know a significant amount about real estate investing and rehabbing properties. These are potentially very risky deals, and my investors are hands on - and making their own decision about what works for them. They see each property personally and I won't do deals any other way if I am using someone else's money. The investor and I discuss at length the pros and cons and exit strategy should we have to foreclose. So having remote investors does not work for me. In addition, I'm getting away from OPM and am trying to focus my lending on my own funds. It's less work, I'm lazy, and I'm trying to be semi-retired like @Bill Gulley

In this case I am lock step with Bill. Find some one local to you with a good reputation. Ask around at the REIA's. Be sure you have a comfort level with the collateral and the criteria the lender uses to evaluate a deal.

The reason I was going to PM you, @Shane S. is to give you the name of a company that was recommended to me, in Texas. It is not local to either of you, but my friend has been doing well with them. So it's another option.

User Stats

Votes
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Nov 6 2013, 12:13

LOL, eventually, most everyone can agree on something, :) actually, this isn't a first. I'd say more like 7/8ths retired, you'll get there Ann, life gets easier. :)