Skip to content
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders

User Stats

Votes
Matt Powell
  • Catonsville, MD
Votes |
How carefully are salesperson candidates scrutinized when applying to a brokerage?

Matt Powell
  • Catonsville, MD
Posted Aug 9 2015, 14:15

Hi all,

I'm not yet looking at brokerages with which I can hang my license because I don't have my license yet. But I'll be working toward that soon. I'm asking this question because I want to start vetting investor-friendly brokerages now so I can be ready to go when I get my license.

So, that said, I'm curious what the process is like when candidates apply to a brokerage. For the sake of the discussion, I'm thinking about big houses like Century 21, Long & Foster, and Keller/Williams, though I'd be interested to know if the process varies from the big guys to the smaller boutique operations. Are candidates carefully scrutinized through an interview process, or will brokerages take any and all salespeople they can get their hands on? Seems to me they'd be willing to give just about anyone a shot, and if anything, let the salesperson go if he/she underperforms.

Hope my question makes sense. Just want to know what to expect when I start getting into serious discussions with one or more brokerages about joining them.

Thanks!

Loading replies...