FHA lenders in Westchester county / NYC

4 Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get a road map of what exactly I need to do to get the best possible FHA insured loan for my house hack I'm looking to do in westchester county next year. If anyone knows of lenders in westchester or in NYC please send them my way.

FHA is the easiest loan to find a lender for - they're everywhere. Any bank, credit union, a national lender, or mortgage broker will be able to help you. If you're working with a realtor, ask for their recommendations for a qualified loan officer.

@Travis Sprague

I have a great mortgage lender we work with. Though, as @Michael Cohen mentioned, when it comes to FHA many lenders do it and it's an easier mortgage to do. That is if you are considered a clean file. If your file is a little all over the place, meaning you have let's say 1099's, jumped from one company to another, not the best credit, high dti ratio, maybe a previous bankruptcy, insufficient reserves, etc... that's where you would need someone who is experienced and creative.

@CeasarRosas thank you for this great response! I think a creative lender could be a good option for me. I will shoot you an email.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.