Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 257 posts · 130 votes
What are the typical rates one could expect on hard money loans for short term flips and also for buy and hold investors. I know they vary quite a bit depending on your experience/relationship/reputation etc, but I'm looking for some general numbers. I am thinking about lending in my area to flippers or buy and hold investors that need a short term loan.
Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
8y
Jesse Goldberg , what is the private SBA loan ? I know there are SBA loans to purchase owner occupied real estate I believe the owner has to occupy at least 51% of the space is this something similar?
Lender · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2017 · 76 posts · 14 votes
8y
@Joseph M. Yes, it's a similar program that banks offer, but we have made a private SBA product, meaning we take the position of the bank and capital and it is still backed by the SBA. The property can be non-owner occupied, but for owner-occupied properties, it is similar and does have the same 51% requirement.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
Be advised from a local attorney on the foreclosure rules in NY NJ once I learned what those are I simply would never loan there.. to many other markets were the default and foreclosure works so much faster.. in those states its measured in years .. I like working in markets that are measured in months... you have a loan go bad and take 1 to 3 years to foreclose and by the time you got it back you are usually taking a pretty serious loss
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
@Jesse Goldberg also we have talked about this before you can't advertise as a lender without being licensed either NMLS, or BRE broker license or CF license and it must be on all your adds or internet communications.. which its not on your sig line or in your bio.. so your in violation.
@Jesse Goldberg also we have talked about this before you can't advertise as a lender without being licensed either NMLS, or BRE broker license or CF license and it must be on all your adds or internet communications.. which its not on your sig line or in your bio.. so your in violation.
Thanks for your input, but we are completely within our rights to advertise as a lender for private money.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
@Jesse Goldberg not to argue with you but your completely wrong.. LOL.. I guess someone will just have to file a complaint and you can take it up with the BRE
@Jesse Goldberg not to argue with you but your completely wrong.. LOL.. I guess someone will just have to file a complaint and you can take it up with the BRE
I am fully aware of section 1026.24, but you are welcome to follow through with that, as we are in compliance.
Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y
This is very much market based and even more than that is based on experience and relationships. When we first started flipping in Connecticut our first hard money loan was 14% interest only, 5 points, 6 month term, 20% down on the purchase price. The only positive about a loan scenario like that is in order for the numbers to work it has to be a really good deal. At the time we were just excited someone would be willing to loan us money with no experience.
Now our terms, rates, etc are substantially better but we have done 15-20 projects total between me and my business partner with the HML we use who is different than the one who financed our first deal.