• Akron, OH
Votes |
Transfer Rental to LLC or Trust / LLC Funds

Tino Vargas
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Akron, OH
Posted Oct 20 2020, 13:10

Hi BP Family,

I currently own 5 units (2 properties) in my personal name. The duplex was bought with an FHA loan and 3 unit was conventional financing.

I started an LLC to begin transferring them to the LLC but my banks aren't allowing that. I've heard transferring them to a trust. Has anyone had any experience doing this? I currently have mortgages with US bank and M&T bank.

My second question, if I am unable to transfer the properties to the LLC, am I able to collect the rents in a business bank account so I can begin building business history and credit and pay bills from this account? I do not need these funds and only plan to reinvest the funds in the future.

appreciate all of the help and insight ahead of time, thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Bowe
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Oct 20 2020, 13:26

Following to see what others have to say as I am in a similar situation except I am using owner financing which makes it a bit different.

However I also opened up business accounts/cards and am currently using them to help build business creditworthiness with the bank to facilitate future deals.

User Stats

Votes
Mike S.
  • Investor
  • Broward County, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Broward County, FL
Replied Oct 20 2020, 14:00

You can try transferring to a land trust where you are the initial beneficiary. Then in a second time, assign the beneficial interest to the LLC.

Land Trust

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tino Vargas
  • Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Akron, OH
Replied Oct 20 2020, 14:02

@Mike S. Thanks for the insight Mike, I’ll start digging into that now!