• Livonia, MI
Votes |
General Contractor In the Detroit Area

Bryan Barnette
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Posted Sep 29 2016, 05:11

Hello,

I am looking to partner up with a general contractor to give them a helping hand.  i want to learn a few tricks of the home renovation process before i go and purchase my first investment property. if any one has a contact, please send me their way. I would prefer someone who does a lot of work in the Farmington/Farmington Hills, Northville and West Bloomfield area.  However, I can do stuff anywhere around the Detroit area. My plan would be to help out once or twice a month on weekends, primarily.

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Sep 29 2016, 06:17

Hi Bryan,

what will you be your hours that you can work? seems like you have a day job, so it's natural that you can work nights and weekends. However, most contractors do not work nights and weekends. How are you planning on going around those restrictions?

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Barnette
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Sep 29 2016, 06:24

My schedule is primarily open on Nights and weekends, unfortunately. However, I have registered for some of the courses at Home Depot and I have been looking at YouTube videos.  There is no better way to learn than actually getting your hands dirty.   I do have weekdays off periodically.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Sep 29 2016, 06:53

are you renting or you own? if you own, the best way is to do stuff around your house, but take bite size projects, dont start with a kitchen.

I have a lot of work and we work on weekends at times, all around livonia, westland, garden city. 

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Barnette
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Sep 29 2016, 06:56

I am in an apartment right now.  My Fiance and I will look for a starter home after our wedding. I will PM you because I am not far from the areas that you work.

User Stats

Votes
Douglass Benson
  • Investor
  • Mason, MI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mason, MI
Replied Sep 29 2016, 07:58

Bryan, there is facebook group called the Renegade Detroit Investors Real Estate Club.  This group is composed of contractors, investors, money lenders, etc. etc., and they are all busy.  The group is run by Jeremy Burgess and my guess is that they would have contacts that would be greatly interested in your help!

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Barnette
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Sep 29 2016, 12:14

@Douglass Benson  Thank you for the tip.  I have followed them on Facebook and I will start attending the group meetings when I can.