Need a good contractor in Eugene.

5 Replies

Hi guys! I'm in Eugene Oregon for another week after cleaning out a hoarder house that I have under contract. I need some estimates on things I want done in the house. Changing up the bathrooms - adding a wall, moving a water heater to create a bath shower combo, removing a tub to create a walk in shower, moving a toilet over, dividing a bedroom and extending a wall, creating a bedroom etc.

Any input and recommendations would be amazing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Tanya! 

While I'm not in Oregon - I do have a little rule of thumb to offer you when you get some estimates back - or at least going into them what to expect.

One great reason for this is if there's a budget in mind to work with and you're protecting your bottom line (all in price point- which most investors would be naturally!) it might save you (and your contractor) time from the first walkthrough in eliminating things that are not only unnecessary, but out of budget.

It's not a be all, end all rule by any stretch, but an overall quick math guide for making sure you and your estimates line up. Obviously the sooner your ideas and contractor are ready to rock and roll, the sooner you are to having your property on the market and exiting out of your holding costs (onto close and across the finish line!) 

So the quick rule;

10,20,30,40 rule... $10 per square foot if just flooring and paint, $20 if roof and light rehab, $30 if kitchen and bathrooms $40 per square foot full gut10,20,30,40 rule... $10 per square foot if just flooring and paint, $20 if roof and light rehab, $30 if kitchen and bathrooms $40 per square foot full gut

It's always nice to have a quick little (mental) cheat sheet like this! Hope this helps just a bit = ) Thanks! 

@Tanya Rhodes I don't know a G.C. so I wish you the best of luck. However, if you decide to manage it yourself, I do know a really great roofer and window/doors guy in Eugene. If you need any roof work done, reach out to Greg at Reneissance Roofing. Also Lance at Riverside Window and Door if you need some of that stuff.

Good Luck!