Have you read the Book on Flipping Houses? (Looking for Reviews)

6 Replies

Hey Folks - I'm working on a redesign of the page for The Book on Flipping Houses - and I'd love to include some testimonials for the page.

So- have you read the book and enjoyed it? If so - please leave a comment below and share your review! I'll be grabbing a number of them and rotating them on the page, so the more the merrier!

Also - if your profile photo isn't super clear or isn't a face-shot of you - would you mind sharing a photo also with your review, or email it to me at Brandon (at) BiggerPockets.com ?

Thanks everyone!

P.S. - if you haven't left a review on Amazon yet... you could also copy your review and leave it over there as well :)

It's one of those "round to it" aspects for me, I heard it was going gang busters and suspect it's pretty good, knowing J. Scott!

I'd suggest checking it out if you're interested in flipping properties. :)

I am a newbie. Based on J. Scott's reputation and post here on Bigger Pockets, I bought it. I read all the way through it once. It is my plan to flip a house and I am using this book as a roadmap. As I go through different steps, I study those sections again. I use the book as a guide for the process and as direction for additional market specific research. Which, of course, I do here on Bigger Pockets. The companion book about estimating repair cost is my current reading project, more good stuff there. J. Scott, Thanks for sharing and not charging 10,000 bucks!

A lifetime of knowledge for the price of a book. There's no fluff, it's straight to the point. If you are a beginner and ever plan to flip houses or do any kind of home construction this book is a must read.

I purchased J. Scott’s “The Book on Flipping Houses”, and have found it to be extremely informative. I am new to RE investing, and was looking for a step by step guide for doing “flips”, and this book covers it in down to earth language. The really nice thing is if you have any questions about any of the information in the book, you can ask it on BP, and likely get a response back directly from J. Scott. I think this is a must read for anyone considering doing “flips”.

I purchased the J Scott books when they came out. They are worth every penny. He has well organized the material and offers excellent insight from his extensive experience.

When starting out these books are an excellent foundation to your education. I recommend these books for all. Any wholesaler should find value for his estimating knowledge when preparing deals. Anyone getting into flipping will enjoy the step by step approach.

My intention in buying this book was to support BP as a generous and most useful resource. As it happened, J. Scott's book on flipping houses is one my my best and wisest investments ever. It covers all the bases comprehensively and is something you can go back to time and again.

It is very well organized throughout and easy to read with a graceful style which reflects the confidence and experience of it's author.

I've done a lot of deals and hopefully will do a lot more as I go and where I find this book most useful is when I need a reality check and a sane voice amid the chaos of rehabbing properties, especially when I have to deal with the egos and eccentrics!

Regardless of how good a rehab artist you think you are, this book will benefit you and your business in many ways. It certainly does it for me - all the way to the bank!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here