BiggerPockets PM System Complaint

12 Replies

The new site's email layout is absolutely awful.

Its stupid to have the emails listed on the left. How the heck
can you find anything easily? Somebody needs to fix this feature because
it makes the thing completely useless.

Worst message feature of any site I've ever used!

Sorry. Maybe there's a way to change settings that I don't know about
so if there is I apologize. But if email is all listed on the left and then you have
to scroll down for additional messages to appear, this is AWFUL!

Specifically, I'm referring to when I click on Inbox. Not sure what PM is but maybe thats what you refer to it as. It shows the messages on the left hand side. But it only shows 2 messages! Then I have to scroll down on the web page to see any more than that. 

The site is treating messaging like its a forum page or something. It should be more like a mailbox (i.e. yahoo mail, gmail, outlook, etc). Its just not efficient at all in how you have this being displayed.

Now maybe there's a way to set my preferences that I'm just not aware of. But right now, its just plain awful. And after I read my email, it sent the message to archive. I couldn't find it and thought it was deleted or something.   It shouldn't move a message to archive automatically. It should stay in the Inbox until I move it there. Thats how every other messaging app works.

Normally, you guys are on top of things. But I really think your designer missed the boat
on the way messaging was done on here. Its simply awful compared to any other messaging feature I've ever used/seen. I'm shocked everyone else seems to like it so much as I haven't seen anybody else have a problem with it....... 

But it seems to be incredibly un-user friendly to me. :-)

Just don't let the designer of this feature get a hold of the podcast stuff. I'd hate to see that ruined too.

Originally posted by @Mike H.:

Normally, you guys are on top of things. But I really think your designer missed the boat
on the way messaging was done on here. Its simply awful compared to any other messaging feature I've ever used/seen. I'm shocked everyone else seems to like it so much as I haven't seen anybody else have a problem with it....... 

But it seems to be incredibly un-user friendly to me. :-)

Just don't let the designer of this feature get a hold of the podcast stuff. I'd hate to see that ruined too.

I'm in the same boat as @Joshua Dorkin  - I don't see any problems with the new setup.  It took me a couple messages to get used to the new/different layout, but it seems pretty straight-forward to me.  It looks like you've put a lot of negativity into your posts without pointing out any real problems.  As somebody who has done a lot of software development, I would just ignore and delete this type of "feedback".  I'm impressed that Josh took a more diplomatic approach!

@Joshua Dorkin  Yet another superb display of human relations!

You never fail to impress me with your kindness and genuine care!

Hey Guys - Not everyone is going to love what we do, and I believe that almost all feedback is valid, which is why I think it is important to understand the motivation of our users.  Downplaying someone's concerns is just bad policy, IMO.  I get where Mike may be coming from, but ultimately I disagree.

I appreciate all the support, though; it means a lot to me.

@Joshua Dorkin,

Keep up the good work. I don't see anything wrong with the new site you cannot please everyone.

Joe Gore

Just to clarify. I'm not knocking the site refresh as a whole in any way.

But, to me, the changes to the Inbox feature provide really poor functionality compared to what was there before. 

I'm used to using outlook, yahoo mail, gmail, and then some other sites that have inbox functionality. And I really like how easy they are to use. They have a concise list of mail items that you can view to see your messages.  This new feature does not. Period. 

But, as I stated, I haven't seen anybody else complain about it but me so that must be a sign in my taste.

If it were me, I'd get rid of the fluff (like the pictures next to each message that cause it to take up 3 lines). I'd rather see three times as many messages in my list without having to scroll than have to scroll the screen 3 times as much.  But thats just me. I believe the old Inbox feature on BP's site was 10 times better than the newer one.

I was hoping someone else might have thought the same thing and just didn't want to say it.  Apparently not. If nothing else, they should feel better about the results. Its 100k users that like the new Inbox feature this way and only 1 that doesn't.  Thats now a verified success for them. :-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.