Lingo Translator for Newbies

10 Replies

Every now & then I log on & read through some posts. Being that I am still a newbie, I am constantly stumped by abbreviations which all the old timers are constantly using.

May I suggest BP creates a dictionary where us newbies can look for translations?

In the meantime how about compiling a list of all those abbreviations?

I'll get started with two that have stumped me.

EMD = Earnest Money Deposit

ARV= After Repair Value

Cool that is so perfect!

Thanks

I've bookmarked it so I can find it easily next time

That was very helpful, @Jon Holdman  .  What about the phrase, "unload a property."  I heard it used today on a podcast when a woman was talking about wholesaling. 

Thanks @Jon Holdman  - this may seem like a silly question, but why not just use the word sell instead of unload?  

Why not?  It sounds cooler.  People use all sorts of words with the same meaning.  Its just the way folks talk.  

Originally posted by @Goldy R.:

I've bookmarked it so I can find it easily next time

May I ask how to bookmark a page? I can't seem to find it.

@Brittany Tucker  bookmarking is something you do in your browser.  Details depends on the browser.

Oh well I know how to do that! Thanks @Jon Holdman, I thought there might be a feature on the website where you could flag all your favorite threads.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.