What is the Purpose of Casting a Vote on a BP Post?

10 Replies

Can someone please help me understand the voting process here on BP?

I usually vote for a post when someone writes something that causes me to think differently about a situation, or if I learn something new.

i think it's the BP version of a "like" or a +1.

Like @Justin Fraser  I vote for helpful posts and also things that I just find interesting or hilarious or useful.  The end result is a vote count for everybody.  For those that aren't familiar with frequent posters, it gives you a quick idea of the credibility of the poster.  

If Jon Doe has 10,000 posts and 9,500 votes and responds to you saying XYZ and Jane Doe has 8,000 posts and 400 votes and responds to you saying ABC...you may want to give preference to what Jon has to say.

It just like a facebook "like" and can be used to for tons of purposes.

I've heard rumors that everytime I get a "vote" a puppy gets adopted. So if you like puppies vote away!!!

Originally posted by @Chris K. :

It just like a facebook "like" and can be used to for tons of purposes.

I've heard rumors that everytime I get a "vote" a puppy gets adopted. So if you like puppies vote away!!!

This post is a blatant ploy to get "votes". Do I report abuse or give it a "vote"? I give it a vote.

Rules for likes:

1. Puppy photos get lots of likes and rightly so! 

2. But cats in cars? Hmmmm...

Who ever dies with the most votes wins

Originally posted by @Jason A. :

Rules for likes:

1. Puppy photos get lots of likes and rightly so! 

2. But cats in cars? Hmmmm...

Yeah. I am definitely reporting abuse.

To me, kittens will always be cuter than puppies.  :)

I would say "Ask Brandon" because he has cats, but then he went and got a puppy!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here