administrator help

15 Replies

MY messaging has been shut down. I am receiving messages from people and cannot look at them. How long does it take for admin. to get back to you on how I can get back in the good graces of bigger pockets?

@Jon Holdman I have I am just wondering about how long the review process takes and how I can plead my case.

Originally posted by @Jon Holdman :

@Cody Schaaf have you sent an e-mail to [email protected]?  That's the way to get this block reviewed and removed.

I have I am just trying to figure out how long that takes and how I can plead my case to them 

Sorry, I'm not sure.  I don't deal with that aspect of the site.  Messaging gets blocked for several reasons.  Sending a lot of messages quickly.  Sending the same message multiple times.  Or if recipients click on the "report message as spam" button.  Perhaps @Brandon Turner  can answer the timing question.

Originally posted by @Jon Holdman :

Sorry, I'm not sure.  I don't deal with that aspect of the site.  Messaging gets blocked for several reasons.  Sending a lot of messages quickly.  Sending the same message multiple times.  Or if recipients click on the "report message as spam" button.  Perhaps @Brandon Turner  can answer the timing question.

I was doing both I was attempting to get investors together in Lincoln NE my message went something like this

Hi my name is cody Schaaf I am a real estate agent in Lincoln I am putting together an investment group and wondering if you would be interested in coming through. If not what could I do to change your mind. 

We have no investment groups of any sort in town and I was just blasting all the people that poped up in my area 

Hey @Cody Schaaf  - our spam filters are uber-sensitive, and it will stop anyone from messaging if the messages are too similar, which looks like the cause of your auto-ban.  But I've cleared it. Just be sure to change up the message each time and you should be fine! 

Thanks!

Hi Brandon 

Apparently I've also done something wrong because I also can't send/receive messages. On my first attempt to send a message to BP friends, I couldn't tell if the message had been sent so I moved on and tried to send the same message to the next person (and so on).

Help?

P.S.

I've received a message that said to notify an Administrator but there is absolutely no information on how to do so!!

I searched the site for the keyword Administrator to be able to find this thread.

Please let me know how I'm supposed to be able to find / contact aname Administrator. 

Thanks 

Originally posted by @Marcia Maynard :

Here to tap @Brandon Turner  since @Tom Plyler is trying to contact you and you may not have seen his message.

I'm not sure what your message meant or who it's meant for.

@Tom Plyler  It was a message for Brandon.  If you want a comment to reach another person on BP, you need to type @ and then the first few letters of their name or @ and then ?     The list of people who responded in the thread will appear at the bottom and you click it. This will put their name in blue highlight and a message will be sent to them. If you don't do this, they may never know you were reaching out unless they happen to read the thread again.  I can see you are new on BP, so I was tapping, or calling out, to @Brandon Turner  on your behalf. You can also do so by sending a message to him with the click of the button near his name. or you can get your answer from others in the BP office by clicking on "Contact Us" below.  Hope this helps!  :-)

Thanks Brandon. Hopefully the system will be improved soon so others won't have the same problem. 

Marcia,

Great info! Much appreciated.  Yes, new to BP. I couldn't send a message to Brandon because I was "locked out" but he took care of it.

Where do I find more of the tips & tricks of this site?

@Brandon Turner In efforts to make new friends and be a true lazy american, I have made too many similar(copy/paste) messages.  I will not do that again.  Is it possible to clear this up for me?

Best Regards,

Brian Johnson

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.