Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
MAKING THINGS EASIER FOR YOU AND ME, PLEASE READ!

Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Posted Jan 24 2015, 08:27

Heading For Posts!

Newbies, tired of being told by the old contributors on BP to search for specific details on a topic, but you can't find it?

Seasoned members, tired of repeating thins over and over because new folks won't search enough to ask a specific question, or just need to keep hammering away on the same thing?

Well, I fell dumb. I've had to say things over and over for years, I think I have a solution.

If someone is interested in searching what a member may have said on a topic, they can go to that members profile.

They can see the recent posts, they can then go to all posts.

Problem is, only the first few words are seen of those posts, anyone searching can't see if the post is on a specific aspect of a topic, if it has details or if it's just some off the wall stab at humor. Waste of time searching there.

So, I'm going to start using a post heading, as I did above!

I'll give the topic (some are not on topic specific to the thread title) and I'm going to say "details" if there is what I feel something of value (yes, IMO) it might say "DETAILS-Finance" meaning absolutely important about a financing angle, something so anyone searching can locate something specific to them.

That should help others who try to search specific opinions by any member (if other members will use some heading).

It's going to help me, as I may reply "........search my posts in the past week, this was covered" if they are interested they can search it, if not, oh well, but I'm not repeating the same old thing on a topic every time someone asks "How do I do a Sub-To Deal?"

Thoughts, comments, that's my solution, any suggestions?  :))  

Loading replies...