My dashboard is mostly Mr. X and Ms. Y are now colleagues.

5 Replies

I have made an effort to become a bit more active here on BP. When I check my dashboard it is almost entirely Mr. X and Ms. Y are now colleagues. It seems I have accepted requests from 3 or 4 people who want to be colleagues with everyone on the site. (I deleted a couple people from my colleague list but the problem persists.) Is there a way to filter out the colleague notifications so that I might be able to find what people are asking and talking about more easily?

Look up at the top of where it's listing all those connections. I think you're stuck in the "My Connections" section and you want to click "Forum Activity" or "Followed Discussions". It's in lighter print under the colored buttons

@Jean Bolger , I would like to see what "My Connections" are posting and talking about but that tab is cluttered up with notices of who 4 to 6 people are now colleagues with or who they are now following. I have absolutely no interest in who someone who adds half a dozen colleagues a day is now colleagues with. I am interested in what those I have connected to are discussing. Is there a fix?

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

The only way to clear it up is to remove those people as connections.

I'm not sure that is a viable option as one of the efforts on this board is to make contacts rather than remove them. Perhaps some new programming in the near future could allow for the user to turn on and off new colleague notifications? 

@Will Barnard , that would be a great feature. A couple of the serial connectors on my list are local investors with whom I would like to keep in contact. Unfortunately, their constant colleague notices are annoying.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you