Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Nick Doria
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
If a military podcast happened what do you want to hear?

Nick Doria
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jan 30 2016, 23:03

So there has been a lot of things happening regarding military retirement and benefits that are making a lot of us start to really notice like other people working for 20 years for a retirement isn't really the best of options to to rely on as the only source of income. That's even if they let you retire a large amount of people have been getting the boot and it not because they were bad but it was a way for the military to down size and due to their budget cuts !!! 

This ideal of helping anybody who is or has been in the military really means alot to me and i want to give back to the people who are willing to pay the ultimate price for our freedoms. I have lost friends that i consider family and have also seen what happens to the families when they lose the heads of the households when they did not have anything left for them. Nothing like seeing a 1 year year old, 3 year old and a 5 year old at a funeral who just lost their dad that kind of thing really sticks with you. I want to help make a difference and I truly believe that this would be a great start to that.

Just ran the ideal past 

@Joshua Dorkin & @Brandon Turner

About putting together a podcast a few minutes ago. I understand a lot of work goes into creating a good podcast and i'm more then willing to whatever it would take to make this happen. If in fact we can make this happen i want to start putting ideas together now rather than later. Here are some of the topics that i have an idea about covering or talking about:

1.) VA loans:

Everyday I see at least 3 to 4 new threads about how to use them, what they can be used for, what are the specifics of qualifying etc....

2.) How to break the military mindset:

Which forces us to not think for yourself or question anything while this is and was important while i was in the navy it took me a couple of years to start THINKING again and acting on my thoughts. 

3.)  Using your leadership skills:

Just like the military real estate investing is a team effort. If your group or team is always at odds with each other it's almost impossible to make things work, anybody who has been at a great command and then goes to a bad one and vice versa knows what i mean by this !!  

those are just a couple of ideas off the top of my head of anyone has anything they would like to add i would love to see what everybody thinks. 

Loading replies...