1,000,000 Page Views This Month!

10 Replies

Friends and Supporters,

I just wanted to share another milestone for BiggerPockets.com Real Estate Investing. Today we passed the 1,000,000 page view mark for the month! This is the first time we've had over one million pages viewed over a month span (3 days left)! We are excited about this milestone and look forward to breaking new ones as time goes on.

Thank you for all of your wonderful support and please continue to share our site with your friends, colleagues, and family.

Sincerely,

That's awesome... and linking that back to your other post, we just need to convert those viewers to members... have you thought about a pop up or pop behind scenario to engage people to become members?

It is a good idea, but I know that users get annoyed easily by but pop-ups and pop unders. It is a tough call . . . what do people think? Would a pop up for non-members be worthwhile?

I always like to hear the feedback of our users . . .

Best,

Josh,
Congrats on the web site success. WELL DESERVED! To address your question, I don't feel it's a good idea to use pop-ups or pop-unders. I'm not a web marketing expert, but I'm a web user. Great, now I sound like the hair club for men - I'm not only the owner, I'm a member.....Anyway! Users browse and surf for information and content, not advertisements. That's the beauty of the web, when you want to get information you can find it and when you want to buy something, you can find it. This site has a very soft sales presence, which is probably why the viewership is so high. If the sales tactic took an agressive approach, it may or may not create more conversions.

I personally, don't pay any attention to a pop-up or pop-down. It's simply another alt-f4 that I have to hit in sequence of key strokes needed to get where I want to go. Think, how do people get where they are on the web? Is it following a series of interuptions or by locating what they want through searching, relevance, referal? I don't have the answers by the way, just things to contemplate.

More food for thought, if the goal is to increase membership, how can you query folks leaving - those that aren't already members? The subtle "hey, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon" similar to your local convenience store. That, I think is a better customer/vistor experience.

Anyone else?

Joshua,
Thanks x 10 to the 6th power. This site has so much to offer. The things I've learned here are making me money :whistle: . Thanks again for all that you do for us and congratulations. As for popups :protest:

Yeah - I must have been drinking the night I thought that was ok. Not going to happen - don't worry about it. BTW - the original post was from September . . . the site is getting much more then 1,000,000 page views a month now.

As for all your kind messages, Thanks. I do appreciate every comment.

See you all at 10,000,000 page views!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you