Ep 280: The Key to Finding Great Deals w Mark Hentemann

5 Replies

On today’s show, we sit with Mark Hentemann, a writer and producer for TV’s Family Guy who also invests in Los Angeles real estate! Mark shares his incredible success stories, which include his trick for finding overlooked properties, house hacking for massive profits, adding value and utilizing the 1031 exchange—plus more! Mark's strategy for filtering data will save you tons of time and help you find the deals others are missing. Listen and learn how Mark got into real estate investing through house hacking—and how that led to an $800,000 profit on his first deal! This episode is absolutely packed with motivating advice and fantastic ideas for getting started. Bonus? It will make you think and make you laugh!

Listen here or on your favorite podcast app.

That was a fun episode! When Mark made $800k on that duplex, did he go back and thank the realtor who convinced him to buy a property?

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. not just because I think Family Guy is an awesome show but I thought that he was also a very bright individual using his skills and talents Beyond his career!

Another GREAT podcast. I found Mark’s story fun, informative, and inspiring...can relate to loving your day job but wanting the freedom and stability that come with real estate investment - no W2 job is “safe” these days. Also great tips on using price per square foot as a good way to identify potential deals and riding out market dips. His story has me considering making the leap into larger MFs using a property manager - wish he had talked more about that transition in terms of setting up an LLC, getting financing, and finding the right PM.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here