Topic Archive - Removed Discussions

7 Replies

The recent forum discussions lists contain "links" to posts that are classified as "Topic Archive - Removed Discussions", but that end up being dead links. At some point, can these discussion threads be made to just no longer show up? I see the need for archival of these posts, but showing them amongst the active recent posts doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose (IMO).

It's on the to-do list. Thanks Steve.

is there a way to get in there? When I try it says the forum is private. There was something Mary Ann said about buying properties for cash that I want to look at,

Sorry, no, if its been moved there, its no longer accessible.

I am getting paranoid. Two of the last four posts I have made to topics ended up in the 'bit bucket' called "Topic Archive - Removed Discussions". Do I know (or should I care?) if I am the perpetrator of this action? I'm guessing I am not, but how would I know?

Nothing to do with you, Chris. You just happened to reply to two threads that were removed.

Sorry Chris -- nothing for you to worry about. If you were doing something wrong, we'd let you know.

Originally posted by Chris Martin:
I am getting paranoid. Two of the last four posts I have made to topics ended up in the 'bit bucket' called "Topic Archive - Removed Discussions". Do I know (or should I care?) if I am the perpetrator of this action? I'm guessing I am not, but how would I know?

The moderators would probably tell you (as they have in this thread).

Or you can inspect your influence score, since violations of the forum policies result in a decline in the offender's influence score. No drop in influence implies you were a good boy.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here