Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mobile Home Park Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback
Account Closed
Votes |
She continues to lie

Account Closed
Posted Jan 14 2022, 13:16

I invested in 2 contracts in July of 2019. Every single payment was late, and needed to be chased down. My last payment was for January 2021 and I did not get any response from her or her people. I decided to post on her LinkedIn account and it made Chimene very angry. I got a call within minutes of the post. She said she would let me out of contract and gave me her email and a crazy address to send a letter. She claims she answers her email twice daily. She has not responded. Reported her to the Texas BBB, but the website doesn’t show any recent open complaints. 

She owes me and sister a lot of money. They are also a lot of Hawaii investors that haven’t been paid too. 

Shame on her for telling So many lies and hurting people who once placed their trust in her.  I pray she would repent and be accountable for her actions. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied Jan 14 2022, 18:59
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

I invested in 2 contracts in July of 2019. Every single payment was late, and needed to be chased down. My last payment was for January 2021 and I did not get any response from her or her people. I decided to post on her LinkedIn account and it made Chimene very angry. I got a call within minutes of the post. She said she would let me out of contract and gave me her email and a crazy address to send a letter. She claims she answers her email twice daily. She has not responded. Reported her to the Texas BBB, but the website doesn’t show any recent open complaints. 

She owes me and sister a lot of money. They are also a lot of Hawaii investors that haven’t been paid too. 

Shame on her for telling So many lies and hurting people who once placed their trust in her.  I pray she would repent and be accountable for her actions. 

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Is this in regard to a mobile home park? 

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Jan 16 2022, 10:48

My apologies. I thought I was adding this to another thread. A bunch of people invested in Chimene Van Gundy’s mobile home contracts and are having difficulty in getting paid. 

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Follow a few simple steps to view a practice deal.
Step 1 | Find a market
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
See Practice Deals

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jan 16 2022, 11:54

@Paulette Tomita

Curious

Prior to investing did you run a background check or call several references?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied Jan 18 2022, 19:30
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

My apologies. I thought I was adding this to another thread. A bunch of people invested in Chimene Van Gundy’s mobile home contracts and are having difficulty in getting paid. 

Are these single homes or parks? I am not sure I would buy paper on a mobile home unless it had land under it. Not trying to be critical, just wondering what was the issue. 

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 19 2022, 08:49

Have you talked to an attorney? Whats the amount of damages here? $1 million+?