Clearwater Florida MHP

4 Replies

Does anyone have any experience in clearwater florida? Looking real hard at a 350 space park with a third of them being park owned homes. I have owned parks in NC years a go but never in Florida.  Not sure what the demand is for new spaces. Has about 30 empty spots.

Glen

Hi Glen, Common practice when vetting a new area is to put up test ads in craigslist.  Put up a generic ad for a park in the general area of the subject park.  Word it as you would for real, just leave the park address off.

@Glen S.  

No personal experience, but there's a smaller one for sale on Auction.com. Might be worth it to keep an eye and see how it prices out.

HI @Glen S.  

I was born, raised, and still reside in the Clearwater area (just moved to Tarpon Springs).  I own 4 rental properties all of which are in Clearwater.  While I don't have any experience owning mobile homes, I'd be happy to discuss anything and everything about the area.

Mobiles are popular with seniors and snow birds in the area.  I can't recall ever seeing a 55+ park in the area that isn't in great shape.  Some of the family parks can be a little run down (good opportunity).  This is just my opinion but I wouldn't think you'd have a great demand of people wanting to bring their own new mobile into a park, but I would think there's demand to buy a nice home that is already installed and ready to occupy. 

I know that one of the parks off of Gulf to Bay is going to be torn down and they are planning on building a townhouse community (its right on the water). So that will displace about 100 residents in the very near future. Most of the homes in that park though I believe are rented (and rather old).

If there is anything I can help you with please let me know, I'd be happy to drive by and be your eyes / ears.

I currently live in Clearwater and am a eager newbie to mobile home investing.  @Robert Curls hit it right on.  I drove through the park on Gulf to bay and it is getting torn down.  There is a park next to it that is older and have a  homes for sale through craigslist cheap, i do wonder if the land will be sold next because there is alot of new building going on in that area and it is water front.  Many of the parks i do see in the area are established and 55+ but do have empty lots on them. These parks also have concessions in place for moving in new homes.  I would be happy to assist you in further if you are still interested.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here