Having trouble comping a Manufactured Home, any tips?

4 Replies

Hi, I have a lead for a 3/2 manufactured home, however I'm having a heck of a time pulling comps.  No similar properties sold in the last 2 years.  Any tips? Thanks!

zillow sometimes show similar properties sales prices.  

Depends if it's on a lot, land or in a park. Lot and land possibly MLS. But not always useful.

For parks - You can check MHVillage for prices in your area. Investor group, Craigslist, park managers/owners, MLS. It is sometimes difficult. Something that you get a handle on once you've done a few in an area. I don't go by comps. I have done enough in my area to know price ranges.

I have sold them for higher than people told me I could get. Eye of the beholder!

@Bill Neves

I guess it's a lot, there's neighboring houses and the home is static.  Based on that, what would be the best way to valuate it?  Also, should I make sure I use a Realtor experienced in selling manufactured homes? Thanks!

Since it's a manufactured/modular on a lot, I've used Zillow and MLS solds to get comps. Since it's next to houses that will give you 'some' idea. Not perfect but should be close.

Manufactured home friendly realtors are a plus. I just got 2 new deals last week. One was listed with a realtor, one was a FSBO. When we're done with repairs, I will sell the realtor deal thru the same realtor, that was our agreement to get the deal. Don't have to, but I want the realtor to find me another deal. The other will be a FSBO thru me.

Nothing against realtors, but I normally buy and sell without realtors. I like to look the seller and buyer in the eye and negotiate. Normally can't do that with realtors.

Have fun!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.