Kristin Compton
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Possible first deal?

Kristin Compton
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Apr 27 2015, 08:24

I just got done reading this recent post

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/30/topics/190...

And it looks like there is an abundance of information!

My story:  my sister and brother in law are moving to a trailer park in Colorado  from Tennessee, and I was theta sanction person for them, helping them buy their home.  My brother in law is completely renovating their place, along wi his little brier, and doing everything themselves.  

Since I have a budding relationship with the MHP management and maintenance, they have offered me "first chance" at another home in the park.  It needs some work (SOW to hopefully be completed today when I meet with them and see the place).  

They are asking $4K and the lot rent is $400/month.  

I am cautiously excited because of course I want to "get my feet wet" in the business, and this might be a niche for me since I have no money yet (but a full time job with a steady stream of income).

We also have the option to live there for a few months to save money.  Our apartment lease is up in less than 2 months.

I know I don't have many details yet but I will later today. I'm meeting the park manager during my lunch break from work.  My husband will be there too.

I hope I can make this a deal!

Loading replies...