Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mobile Home Park Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
How to proceed with mobile home park in texas

Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Posted Dec 11 2019, 22:04

I made an offer on a MHP for 423k with OF a little over a year ago. I was turned down (it was a good deal for her). It went on the market and had 2 offers. The 1st offer wanted her to get rid of the TOH's and wanted her to clear them out. Well, she did and now she has gone from a 10k a month to 3k a month. The second offer wanted a new driveway but by this time she couldn't afford it. 

Now we come to this year. 3k a month with 7 vacant MH's and 2 vacant SFH's. Both have been upgraded. One with wiring and the other with house leveling and siding. It is off the market. I talked to the (ex) broker and he gave me his blessing. The park comes with 2 water wells and septic which is common in this area. I talked to the plumber that installed both and he says they need to be upgraded but will work fine for the MH's there now. The property is 45 acres and only uses 10 of these acres. I can rent out the POH's for about 650 or sell them and charge lot rent. The lot rent is 190 but needs to be at least 230-250 (min.). Especially with water/sewer included. During the option periods she spent 70k ( got this figure from the contractors I know that did the work) doing upgrades) on the 2 SFH's and the MH's. Now the MH's are toast again but the SFH's have never been rented out.

I bring to the table- cash for a down (1031 or solok), building experience, and a dirt crew from Ark. that can fix the driveway in short order.  

How should I approach this deal? I l know she did all this work but in the process she decimated her numbers by evicting. I feel she will want more money than 423k but I feel like it is worth less now. Am I wrong? I am not sure how long it wil take to get renters back in. The driveway is so bad the mail or school bus wont run down it anymore. The driveway is close to a mile long. Her husband passed away 2 years ago and she never knew how to run it. Some lot renters have been there for 20 years or more but will leave of she doesn't get something done soon. 

I feel I can help her and the long term renters, I just don't know how. 

Loading replies...