Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
John Fedro
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
How many individual mobile homes can you "buy/sell" per year before getting a MH retailers license? (Find out here)

John Fedro
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Apr 15 2013, 11:40

Hi friends,

I have noticed that most folks on the forum here at BP are very concerned about not breaking the Fed laws that many people under-look state licensing requirements.

Below is a list of the requirements from state to state with regards to the number of mobile homes you buy and seller for profit per year without a MH retailers license. Verify your state below.

This does not apply for mobile homes attached to private land, this only applies for mobile homes on rented land and considered personal property.

An "0" in the second column indicates a state that asks you to obtain your mh retailers license before you buy and sell any mobile homes for profit. Homes that are considered your primary residence or secondary residences don't count.

An "A" in the second column indicates a state that does not have a cap on the number of mobile homes you may buy and sell for profit without a mh retailers license.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATE: # PER YEAR W/OUT A MH RETAILER LICENCE:

Alabama 1
Alaska A
Arizona 3
Arkansas 1
California 0
Colorado 0
Delaware 5
Florida 2
Georgia 0
Idaho 6
Illinois 4
Indiana A
Iowa A
Kansas A
Kentucky 1
Louisiana 3
Maine 0
Maryland A
Massachusetts A
Michigan 0
Minnesota 5
Missouri 4
Montana A
Nebraska 0
Nevada A
New Hampshire 3
New York 4
North Carolina 3
North Dakota A
Ohio 4
Oklahoma 0
Oregon 3
Pennsylvania 3
South Carolina 4
Tennessee 1
Texas 1
Utah 2
Vermont A
Virginia 1
Washington 0
West Virginia 6
Wisconsin 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the past several years I have spent my time helping investors invest in mobile homes in almost all 50 states. What I have come to discover is that many of the most successful investors buy/sell their first 2-5 mobile homes in parks or on land before committing their time and energy to become licensed.

These investors make sure they like investing in MHs, verify it is fun, profitable, and sustainable, then get a license to profit from even more opportunities.

I hope this helps everyone clearly make a plan for your future in the MH cash-flow business.

**In an effort to keep this information current and correct please let us know if any state has since changed their requirements since posting.**

Best,
John Fedro

Loading replies...