Skip to content
Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Eric S.
Votes |
Is there value in a MH’s location within a park?

Eric S.
Posted Oct 25 2021, 23:16

Hi. My aunt has a mobile home that is in a park in a relatively desirable part of Los Angeles. The unit itself is not in great shape - it’s almost 40 years old and hasn’t been kept up very well. But it is in a good park and the unit is situated in a particularly nice part of the park (in the area of the park where residents typically prefer to live).

I don’t think it makes sense to repair the unit because it’ll cost so much that I’d rather just replace it. I’ve also considered moving my aunt into an apartment eventually.

If we do move her out of the mobile home and into an apartment, is there any value in *where* a mobile home is situated within a park? I don’t think there is much value in the unit itself, but If we were to put it up for sale, would it be conceivable that people might pay more for it because of where it’s located? Obviously she doesn’t own the lot it’s on, so she wouldn’t be selling the land. But I guess I’m assuming a $10k mobile home parked somewhere nice is worth more than one parked somewhere undesirable.

Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for any ideas here

Loading replies...