Fabian G.
  • Windermere, FL
Votes |
Polybutylene Pipes in home

Fabian G.
  • Windermere, FL
Posted Nov 20 2021, 10:25

Hi, 

I bought a condo about 4 years ago and lived there until recently. Given the massive price increase an my area (Naples, FL) and the restrictive HOA when it comes to rentals (not more than 6 months, has to be re-approved every 6 months, no animals allowed for renters and more) I decided to sell the condo.

Long story short, it has Polybutylene Pipes. So I went back to my inspection report and the guy who did the inspection only noted that it might be an insurance concern. That's all. Didn't even make it a big deal or flag this item. Now four years later in the inspection report from my buyer a more dramatic statement is made: "Polyethylene Plumbing Supply Lines have been known to to be randomly defective and can rapture without notice" and the buyer wants me to replace the Polybutylene Pipes in the condo. I feel like the home inspector that did my inspection should have made a similar statement since Polybutylene Pipes are not up to code anymore since 2007 (I bought the condo end of 2017). To replace all the pipes will be between $6k and $9k

Any feedback and recommendations on what I can best do would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

Best,

Fabian

Loading replies...