Votes
Rubin Sanders
Pro Member
Votes |
How Does It Work ?

Rubin Sanders
Pro Member
Posted Mar 10 2024, 16:12

So, I bought a piece of land that I planned to build a new home on for me and my family. After having plans and all construction documents done, we decided to move to a different area. Bought another piece of land which we are now working on now. I was wondering how does it work if I wanted to sell a house without me paying for build ? 

Is it possible for me to get the property listed as a "to be built home" without me having to pull a loan myself to have the property built ?

I have a contractor and everything in place. Just needs funding but I wasn't trying to get to wrapped up in the deal being I'm building my personal residence as well. Wanted to give it a shoot before just selling the land.

Thanks !

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 10 2024, 19:56
Quote from @Rubin Sanders:

So, I bought a piece of land that I planned to build a new home on for me and my family. After having plans and all construction documents done, we decided to move to a different area. Bought another piece of land which we are now working on now. I was wondering how does it work if I wanted to sell a house without me paying for build ? 

Is it possible for me to get the property listed as a "to be built home" without me having to pull a loan myself to have the property built ?

I have a contractor and everything in place. Just needs funding but I wasn't trying to get to wrapped up in the deal being I'm building my personal residence as well. Wanted to give it a shoot before just selling the land.

Thanks !

Send me details. May be interested if you go that route. Either way best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Lateefah Mathews
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Mar 19 2024, 04:20

Hey @Rubin Sanders Welcome to BP! You absolutely can sell the land with a to-be-built home plan without incurring the construction fees. It's done all the time and even better when you market it and include the current plans and permits (assuming you have this in place). Your contractor should be able to assist with this...Very appealing for those homebuyers who are ready to finance new construction. Feel free to DM me to further explore, I'm more than happy to assist!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes