Passaic NJ real esate

6 Replies

Hello;

I'm looking at a property in Passaic NJ, I was wondering if anyone has knowledge regarding the area and what the price is.

the specific deal I'm looking at, is a 2 family home and then next door there's a mixed use property.

the first floor is 5,000 SF bar/club (vacant)

2nd floor is a 3 bedroom apartment.

it's off Passaic street and 4th street.

thanks

Sorry I didn't finish my question.

does anyone know the Passaic NJ market?

if yes can you help me figure out if this deal makes sence.

thanks

Passaic county or Passaic city? Either way prices may seem reasonable but the taxes are crazy.. I look into Essex and Bergen instead

you see I don't know the neighborhood so well.

so I'm not sure but the asking price is 370k

and the taxes are 15k

I'm not sure if its county or city.

Honestly I put it in to my GPS and I took a walk through :)

Bernard you're not giving us enough info. Have a realtor pull some comps for you and compare apples to apples. Also do a drive by of the comps so that you can get a real feel for the neighborhoods and other houses.

And if you're going to invest in a market then take an experienced realtor to lunch and pick their brain as to what the Passaic market is like. But to invest and not even know if you're in Passaic county or city? You've got some homework to do sir.

Hey Bernard, I can probably offer some guidance.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here