Out of state purchase, general inspection or not?

Out of state purchase, general inspection or not?

Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2012 · 232 posts · 96 votes
I am working on my first out of state buy and hold purchase and am debating if I should get general home inspection. It is a cash purchase and contract has physical inspection contingency. At my home location i started to not get a general inspection: too much detail on obvious stuff and not enough details on big items. I started to only get electrical, plumbing, roof and structural inspections. Now, what should I do for an out of state purchase that I don't get to see in person? Should I just pay for the specific inspections or get a general one with the specific inspections? I don't want to spend too much scoping every property. What are your practices?
0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    i inspect everything i buy, but i buy within 3 miles of my house. i hate inspections because i know so much about the houses. i know more than the inspectors.

    but for an out of sate deal!!! - hellz yes. get and inspection!!!! look at the pictures!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.