Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Juliette V.
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Savvy Brokers in Nashville, TN, can't find one!

Juliette V.
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Aug 1 2014, 13:27

So, I've communicated with a few brokers/realtors in Nashville.  It seems I know more than they do, and I really don't know a whole lot--I'm just learning fast, however.  I want someone I can learn FROM and together build a relationship.  

Though, one gentleman I met on here (Damien) has got a wonderful grasp of RE and rehabs in Nashville, and I do like him and look forward to meeting with him and I could see us cutting some deals down the line or me investing in his rehab company.  

I had to recently let go of my former agent because she was passive, and didn't understand my goals.  She didn't even know how much an average cable bill was--I knew if I stayed with her I'd get myself into a money pit.  I was the one having to make the calls, or get her to call people to dig for information.  When I asked her what taxes were in Nashville-she didn't know at first. She didn't know what cash on cash return was....how can this be?  I would walk into a place that I could see a space had added value or potential because there was an unfinished basement perhaps or a 'bonus' room that could potentially be used to get more rent, and it would go over her head-and she had no idea about costs or ideas.  As a result, I would become discouraged and I almost gave up my search completely. But I stayed the course with her for over a month, and it just came down to me not trusting her judgement.  Lesson learned. 

People refer me to people that are newbies that are just starting out in RE who would be great to find the 'perfect' home to live out my years in, and that's not what I want.  

I need a good, thorough person who's bought and sold themselves, who understands creative ways of thinking about RE, maximizing rent,  who's passionate and hungry, and who's connected!  I want to build a relationship and learn from the best while I build my RE portfolio and also move to Nashville to call Music City home.

Thoughts?

Loading replies...