Standard cap rates and/or ROIs for SE Michigan

Standard cap rates and/or ROIs for SE Michigan

Rental Property Investor · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 28 votes
Good morning BP nation! With the ultra competitive and high entry costs of Southern California, I've decided to use some of my contacts in southeast Michigan to help me start investing there. I've been looking at a lot of properties and running some baseline numbers and they look more feasible. I'm trying to avoid Detroit, but include areas not to far away. I'm curious, for those currently investing in SFRs, what are your average cap rates and rates of return? It seems like a 10% cap rate is doable, am I missing something? Also, I'm assuming a 10% vacancy rate, does that make sense or has it been higher? Thanks ahead of time and any insight you have is appreciated. Bruce
0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
11y

@Bruce Scannell You're talking about my backyard.  I could give you an in depth analysis of this area, but I think it would reach the limits of this blog space.  Suffice to say I'm getting well over that in the areas I'm investing in.  Not all markets out here are the same.  If you're interested let me know, and I can give you a better "road map" of the area.  It is fantastic though.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    @Bruce Scannell You're talking about my backyard.  I could give you an in depth analysis of this area, but I think it would reach the limits of this blog space.  Suffice to say I'm getting well over that in the areas I'm investing in.  Not all markets out here are the same.  If you're interested let me know, and I can give you a better "road map" of the area.  It is fantastic though.

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    @Joe Villeneuve I'm glad you replied. I've read a bunch of your posts recently and was interested on your thoughts. A better road map would be great, let me know the best way to find out more.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    @Bruce Scannell Check your BP mail.  I already replied.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    I know this is a 2 year old thread but, I am curious about the current cap rates in the Dexter, Chelsea and Pinckney areas.

    I'm looking at small MF in the area and I'm trying to get a ballpark value on some of the properties.

    Thanks!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.